The time has come. GYFA will be having sign-ups this Saturday the 18th from 10-12 at the Greenfield Elks club. (enter church st side. 2nd floor) Please click on the news tab for information and updates
Welcome to the Greenfield Youth Football Association Cheerleading Program. Our program is designed to familiarize children with the fundamental skills of cheerleading and the game of football. We strive to promote and inspire teamwork, camaraderie, sportsmanship, physical fitness, and friendships, but most of all for participants to have fun!
The following is intended to provide you with information about our program. Cheering squads within the divisions are based on enrollment bumbers by grade. Each cheering squad will be assigned a specific football squad to cheer for throughout the season. Squad assignments are generally as follows:
3rd/4th Grade 5th/6th Grade 7th/8th Grade
Squad assignments noted above are preliminary and are subject to change based on the number of players enrolled within the program and the total number of football teams. Cheering squad assignments will be finalized in late August after registrations have closed.
*Coaches are volunteers, it is important to be respectful of there time and trust in there ability to make good decisions for your child
CHEERLEADER CODE OF CONDUCT:
1) Zero tolerance for drugs, alcohol, and any form of misconduct
2) Be respectful to one another, coaches, parents, players and other teams
3) Show positive attitude at all times
4) Watch and applaud opposing teams hello cheer and half time routine
5) Stop cheering and stand in "cheer stance" if a player on the field is being attended to. At no time
should a cheerleader step onto the field while game is in play.
6) Applaud an injured player when they are being taking off the field
7) No snacks or drinks are permitted during the game
8) No electronic devices will be allowed during practices or games
*They are a required part of being a cheerleader
1)Be on time
2) Be in required attire; shorts, athletic shoes, t-shirt, socks and hair must be pulled back out of face
3) No jewelry, rings, bracelets, necklaces, or piercings of any kind
4) Nails must be neatly trimmed and short
5) No chewing gum
6) Bring a full bottle of water
1) Attendance is required
2) Cheerleaders must arrive to the field 1 hour prior to the beginning of the game
3) Be in uniform, skirt/shorts(boys), shell, cheer shoes, white socks, hair bows, briefs, poms
4) No food, snacks or drinks are not permitted while game is in play. Parents please provide if
necessary during half time
5) Clean up after yourself when the game is over
1) Each family is responsible for the care and maintenance of their uniform. When necessary,
uniforms are to be washed in cold water and hung dry. No hot water, hot irons and no dryers.
Parents assume responsibility for the replacement costs of uniforms that are damaged, lost, or
stolen during the season.
2) No loaning out your uniform. only Greenfield Youth Cheerleaders can wear there uniforms
3) There will be a preseason uniform fitting. All registration forms and fees must be complete before
you will be issued a uniform
4) As the weather becomes colder, children may opt to wear black leggings, black long sleeve shirts,
black gloves, and cheer sweatshirt